Bridgehouse Community Hall Association (BCHA) was established in June 1993 when the residents of Bridgehouse resumed an active interest in their village hall that had lain in a semi-derelict condition for some years.
The hall was originally donated to the community in 1918 by the late Captain Thomas Hope, D.L., J.P. of Bridgecastle, a leading figure in the public affairs of the county at that time. Captain Hope’s intention was that the Hall be used for the social welfare of the community and it is the management committee’s intention to ensure that his wish is carried out to the best of their abilities.
(photo: Captain Thomas Hope, DL, JP)
Cllr Jim Sibbald officially re-opened the Hall on 28th May 1994 on the same day as Bridgehouse’s first Gala Day in over 40 years.
Our warmest thanks go to supporters past and present and we welcome interest from new supporters who share our commitment to maintaining this valuable local resource.